Monday, July 8, 2013

What is Erin Reading Week of July 7-13

I was on vacation last week and PLANNED on reading a lot more than I did. However, I did read something for myself on vacation.

For work:
The School of Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
http://schoolforgoodandevil.com/
I follow Harper Collins Children on Twitter @HarperChildrens. They have been talking this book up a lot on Twitter, so I decided to read it. I'm about 1/4 of the way through it. It is about two girls who have been kidnapped to attend the School of Good and Evil to become characters in Fairy Tales. I'm really enjoying the twists and turns of this book! Can't wait to see how it ends. 

Little Wolf's Book of Badness by Ian Whybrow
This is on the Bluestem List. This a great book for reluctant readers as well as our 2nd graders who are ready for chapter books! I love the humor of this book. and the illustrations are great! Although this book is on the Bluestem list,  I'm looking forward to recommending this to a certain 2nd grade teacher who is always on the look out for a new chapter book series.

Reading with my Son:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I know...I know... we are still reading this. It is a LONG book, and it is summer! My goal is to finish it before July is over! 

Reading alongside my Son:
Gregor the Overlander Series by Suzanne Collins. Collins wrote the Gregor Series before she wrote the Hunger Games. I read the series several years ago and LOVED it. My son is reading it now on his own, and I've started reading it, so we can chat about it. I am loving it now as much as I loved it the first time I read it. :) 

Picture Books I'm really excited about ordering for the new school year:
Splat the Cat: On With the Show and Splat and the Cool School Trip by Rob Scotton
Pete the Cat: Wheels on the Bus by James Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment