Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What is Erin reading... week of July 14-20

The last few days have been too hot to do anything outside, so I've been able to do a lot of reading!

For work:
I finished "The School for Good and Evil" by Soman Chainani. Overall, I'd have to say that I enjoyed it, but I found it a little mature for my elementary school library. I don't think I'll be ordering it. 

I also finished reading "Jake and Lily" by Jerry Spinelli. I really enjoyed this book about twins. Jake and Lily have that special twin connection. They can finish the other twin's sentence, feel when their twin is in pain, and don't even have to search for the other twin in a game of hide-and-seek because they can sense where the other one is hiding. However, what will happen to their special twin connection when Jake and Lily get their own rooms, and Jake starts hanging out with other boys? I really enjoyed this book and I think boys and girls at JRT will also like it!

I just started reading "The Lemonade War" by Jacqeline Davies. I think this will be the perfect book because it begins at the very end of a very hot summer. That is just the kind of weather we are having here in the Chicagoland area. I'm excited to read this book from the Bluestem Award List! 

With my son:
Yes, we are still reading "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"! However, we are getting closer and closer to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment