Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What is Erin the Librarian reading week of July 28-Aug.3


 

My most exciting news for this post is....
I FINALLY finished reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to my son! On Monday we were having a "turn off electronics" kind of day, so I pushed through and read for about two hours to get it done. It has been our little tradition to read the book and then watch the movie. We started watching it, but my son got a little frustrated with ALL the changes. I turned it off, and promptly began reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. 


What I read since my last post for work:
Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nicholls
I really enjoyed this book! It made me cry... a lot! It is about two boys who have Leukemia. During my years as a teacher I have had students that have Leukemia. I'm still on the fence if I will purchase this book for my elementary library.


Starbounders by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson
I LOVED their Familiars Series. I normally do not enjoy the Sci-Fi genre. However, since I enjoyed the Familiars books so much, I decided to give it a try. This is the second time this summer that I have TRIED SOMETHING NEW AND ENJOYED IT! :) The non-stop action was great, and it will appeal to both the boys and girls in my school. Zachary, Ryic, and Kaylee are all students at Indigo-8, a school to train youngsters from around the galaxy how to protect it. When the three are punished and sent to on a cleaning mission and find themselves in the middle of a plot to destroy Earth. Will they have what it takes to save the planet?

Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies
This was a great book! Evan and his younger sister Jessie have a contest to see who can earn the most money selling lemonade before the school year begins. I enjoyed this Bluestem book so much, I'm ordering the rest of the series. 

Jake and Lilly by Jerry Spinelli
I must have been on a brother/sister kick last week. This book was fantastic. Jake and Lily are twins and it is about the summer that they "grow apart". Lily has a difficult time "losing Jake", but with the aide of her hippy grandpa, she finds herself and learns that Jake isn't really gone.

What I'm reading for myself:
TV Guide: Comic-Con Edition. I'm enjoying reading about what will be happening on my favorite shows this fall!

What I'm reading with my son:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

What to start next?? These are the books I came home with from the library this week:
The Gecko & Sticky: Villain's Lair
One Dog and His Boy
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library
Pie
The One and Only Stuey Lewis
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment