Friday, August 9, 2013

What is Erin the Librarian reading week of August 4-10

Yikes! It is already Friday and I'm just now starting to type out my blog post for the week!! It has been a little hard finding time to read this week. I spent two days getting my library ready for the coming school year. I also helped out at our back to school registration day. It was great talking to all of the students about how they spent their summer vacations. Plus...I've been trying to make the most out of my last full week of Summer Vacation, boating, biking, movies, and more! 

What I'm reading for work:
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein
I loved this book. I hadn't heard anything about it from my usual sources. I picked it up because it was on the District 203's Battle of the Books display at the Naperville Library and the cover was really cool. I enjoyed reading this book about 12 students who win a contest to stay over night at the new library in town that was designed by a famous game maker, Mr. Lemoncello. I loved all of the "Easter Eggs" in this book. What is an "Easter Egg", you ask? It is a hidden reference. In this book all of the "Easter Eggs" had to do with games and books. I LOVE to play games, so I really enjoyed all of the game references. I thought the characters were believable and fun. Both boys and girls will really enjoy this book. It was a little like MVP + Charlie and the Chocolate Factory meets the library. I am hoping that Chris Grabenstein continues to make more stories about Mr. Lemoncello's amazing library!

What I'm reading with my son:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Now that we are into book 5, my son is REALLY invested in the story and begs me to continue reading each night. I have a funny feeling that we are going to get through this book a lot faster than Goblet of Fire. My son has seen all of the movies, but this is his first time reading (me reading them to him) the books, so he is interested in all of the changes and the parts that were left out of the movies. I'm so excited to be sharing these books with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment