Sunday, August 11, 2013

"PIE" and other books that make me hungry!


I just started and finished reading PIE by Sarah Weeks today. It was a delicious read! Loved every minute of it and found myself craving apple pie by the end of the book. It is on the Bluestem Award List this year and I will be getting extra copies of this one for the JRT Library because I think the kids are going to gobble it up just like I did! This got me thinking about other books in the JRT Library with a baking theme.
My favorites include:
Picture books about Baking:
Ameila Bedelia’s First Apple Pie  by Herman Parish  E PAR
Ameila Bedelia Bakes Off by Herman Parish  E PAR
Froggy Bakes a Cake  E L
How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman E PRI
Enemy Pie by Derek Munson  E MUN
Fancy Nancy and the Delectable Cupcakes  by Jane O’Connor  E O
Splat the Cat Takes the Cake by Amy Hsu Lin  E S

Chapter Books about Baking:
Bliss by Kathryn Littlewood F LIT
A Dash of Magic: A Bliss Novel by Kathryn Littlewood F LIT
Julia’s Kitchen by Brenda Ferber

No comments:

Post a Comment