Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back to Work

Over the past two and a half weeks I have been making the transition back to work and fighting a sinus infection. I haven't had a TON of extra time to read or write about what I have been reading. I'm hoping now that I'm starting to feel better and get back into the routine that I'll be reading and posting more!

What I've recently finished:
I just finished Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko.  I know this book was written "a long time ago" in 2006, but I never got around to reading it back then. I heard that the third book in the series was coming out this August, so I finally decided to read it. I was really glad I read it because it was great. I'm looking forward to reading the next two books in the series to find out what happens next to the kids who live on Alcatraz! 

I also finished reading The Gecko & Sticky: Villain's Lair by Wendelin Van Draanen. I'm always on the look out for great read "transition" chapter books. I call them transition chapter books because they are great to read aloud to second and third graders who are ready to listen to longer books, but might not be ready to tackle the whole book by themselves. I liked this book because it was full of action and was funny! I think the boys will really enjoy the main character and LOVE the villains! 

What I'm reading now:
The Land of Elyon Book 1: The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman. This is also an older book (2005), but I really LOVED Carman's Floors books, that I wanted to read more by him. 


What I'm reading with my son:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix


No comments:

Post a Comment