Saturday, November 23, 2013

So Many Books...so little time to Blog about them!

It has been way too long since my last Blog post! I have been reading like crazy and am happy to FINALLY update all of my readers!

What I have finished reading since my last post:
Dark Hills Divide - this was a book that I put down for about a month. I finally picked it back up, and boy am I glad I did! I really liked it, and can't wait to read the other books in the series! 
Spirit Animals by Brandon Mull- I LOVED this book! I really liked the 4 main characters, and I really enjoyed the story. I'm looking forward to book 2, but I'm a little worried because it is by a different author. 
Stranded by Jeff Probst- Many of the girls had been chatting about this one after the book fair. To be honest, I was a little skeptical reading something that the host of the hit tv shoemw "Survivor" wrote. Wow! This book was pretty great. I really enjoyed it!
The Girl & the Seven Theives- this book was given to me by my favorite book vendor. It was a book I was thinking about, and was glad I read it. It is a modern day Snow White story set in New York. It is a great read for girls in higher grades that might not be reading at grade level. The overall story is familiar with a twist. 
Cheesie Mac is not a Genius or Anything- I was finally able to check this out from the JRT library! It is a great book that is on the Bluestem list this year. I think boys will love this book! It is filled with humor, and laugh out loud moments! :) 
Words in the Dust- A student suggested I read this one. I'm so glad I did. I saw the author speak at an Anderson's Author Breakfast. I loved the story he told, and I enjoyed talking about the book. 
Emily's Fortune- LOVED this! I'm going to  have a really hard time picking my favorite Bluestem this year! Boys and girls will really enjoy this fast paced adventure! 
White House Christmas Mystery by Carol March- I ordered this with my Scholastic Dollars after my book fair. It was a quick read and I enjoyed it. I like that the author has a website for a technology tie-in. 

What I'm reading now--- I'm so excited that I'm finally reading Terror Cove by Christopher Krovatin!!! This is the second book in the Gravediggers series. I was "dying" to read it! :) I'm already three chapters in and I love it! The action starts on page 1. I think readers would be ok if they didn't read book 1 first because the author reminds the reader of what happened in book 1. 

What I'm still reading to my son- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. We are over 75% through it, hope to finish by Christmas and move on to book 6. 

Well, there you have it! That is what I have been busy reading since my last update! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment